By Antje Wiener
The Theory of Contestation advances serious norms study in diplomacy. It scrutinises the makes use of of ‘contestation’ in diplomacy theories in regards to its descriptive and normative strength. consequently, serious investigations into diplomacy are carried out in keeping with 3 considering instruments from public philosophy and the social sciences: The normativity premise, the range premise and cultural cosmopolitanism. The ensuing concept of contestation involves 4 major good points, particularly different types of norms, modes of contestation, segments of norms and the cycle of contestation. the speculation distinguishes among the primary of contestedness and the perform of contestation and argues that, if contestedness is permitted as a meta-organising precept of world governance, ordinary entry to contestation for all concerned stakeholders will improve valid governance within the international realm.
Read or Download A Theory of Contestation (SpringerBriefs in Political Science) PDF
Similar constitutional law books
This authoritative reference consultant incorporates a finished heritage of Mississippis constitutional advancements over the last a hundred seventy five years and issues to wishes for modern reform. the amount presents the textual content of the structure, together with an article-by-article observation, and makes use of lawsuits and interpretative reviews over the last century to illustrate alterations in Mississippis basic legislation.
The booklet pertains to the perfect to details in India. a very good wisdom has come after this enactment and the pubic as a rule became correct awake afte the appliance of this legislation. The ebook comes in handy for comperative reviews universally.
How can fragmented, divided societies that aren't instantly appropriate with centralised statehood most sensible comply with country buildings? This booklet employs either comparative constitutional legislations and comparative politics, because it proposes the belief of a 'constituent process', wherein public participation in structure making performs a good position in kingdom construction.
Tribal Justice is a ebook that offers an in-depth assessment and survey of tribal appellate court docket jurisprudence. the actual themes lined comprise enrollment and disenrollment, civil rights, elections and political participation, legal legislation and technique, rights of juveniles, tribal constitutions, and culture and customized.
- Das Verhältnis von Parlament und Regierung in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Aus der Reihe: e-fellows.net stipendiaten-wissen) (German Edition)
- Handbuch Föderalismus - Föderalismus als demokratische Rechtsordnung und Rechtskultur in Deutschland, Europa und der Welt: Band III: Entfaltungsbereiche des Föderalismus: 3 (German Edition)
- Beginning Human Rights Law (Beginning the Law)
- Storm Over the Constitution
- Discrimination Laundering: The Rise of Organizational Innocence and the Crisis of Equal Opportunity Law
- Stateless in the Dominican Republic. Explaining, Assessing and Evaluating Ongoing Violations of Human Rights (Aus der Reihe: e-fellows.net stipendiaten-wissen)
Extra info for A Theory of Contestation (SpringerBriefs in Political Science)