By Keith Grant
How did evangelicalism remodel dissenting and Baptist church buildings within the eighteenth century? Is there a distinctively congregational expression of evangelicalism? And what contribution has evangelicalism made to pastoral theology? renewal didn't in basic terms happen along the neighborhood church - missions, itinerancy, voluntary societies - but in addition in the congregation as dissenting pastoral ministry turned, within the phrases of 1 diarist, 'very affecting and evangelical'.
Read Online or Download Andrew Fuller and the Evangelical Renewal of Pastoral Theology (Studies in Baptist History and Thought) PDF
Best church history books
The starting to be cultural range of yankee society is reflected within the pews and parishes of mainline denominations and represents a dynamic problem to the potent proclamation of the gospel on either Sunday mornings and in parish academic venues. whilst humans from a large choice of cultural backgrounds take heed to an analogous sermon, it's most definitely that they are going to now not "hear" an analogous message.
The writings of Jeremiah Burroughs are the most readable and fascinating Puritan works to be had. Like his Puritan colleagues, Burroughs sought to provide an explanation for biblical educating in a heart-searching demeanour. during this biography, Phillip L. Simpson opens a window into the lifestyles and instances of Burroughs, supplying the context for his memorable sermons and writings.
Italian Protestants? Few humans appear to have heard of them, however the author's mother's immigrant Italian relatives used to be Protestant whereas his father's have been Catholic immigrants from Sicily. Relative Strangers describes the author's look for the non secular roots of his mom and dad' households in northern Italy and Sicily.
This can be the 1st biography in English of Johann Reuchlin (1455-1522), dependent upon the recent serious variation of his correspondence. Reuchlin grew to become most renowned because the Catholic defender of Jewish books in the beginning of the sixteenth century, clarifying the Catholic Church’s place towards the Jews. The e-book contributes to the get together of the fiftieth anniversary of the announcement on relatives with the Jews of the second one Vatican Council in 1965.
- The Mexican Reformation: Catholic Pluralism, Enlightenment Religion, and the Iglesia de Jesus Movement in Benito Juarez’s Mexico (1859–72)
- Essential Evangelicalism: The Enduring Influence of Carl F. H. Henry
- Church and Ethical Responsibility in the Midst of World Economy: Greed, Dominion, and Justice
- Richmond's Priests and Prophets: Race, Religion, and Social Change in the Civil Rights Era (Religion & American Culture)
- The Emergence of Pentecostalism in Wales: A Historical, Theological Evaluation of the Early Development of the Assemblies of God Denomination in South East Wales
- Baptists Through the Centuries: A History of a Global People
Extra info for Andrew Fuller and the Evangelical Renewal of Pastoral Theology (Studies in Baptist History and Thought)